Dry Fish Chutney is a popular side-dish in Assam and Bengal. Some people cannot tolerate its smell, but we can assure you that once cooked, you cannot resist its taste.
Lets try this recipe today with Bombay Duck, locally known as Bamla!!!
Dry Fish Chutney - Bamla
- 1 Big Size Dry Bamla (Bombay Duck) Fish
- 20 Small Size Cloves Garlic
- 10-15 Green Chillies
- 2 Big Size Onions Chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Wash dry fish in hot water. Its important to clean the fish properly.
- Cut the fish into small pieces.
- Now, heat water in a pan and boil chopped onions, green chilly and whole garlic.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain the water and take out the ingredients separately.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add the fish pieces with turmeric and salt. Fry for sometime or till they get a brownish color.
- Add the boiled onion, garlic and green chillies. Mix and fry.
- Continue to stir and fry, till oil secretes from the mixture.
- Remove from fire.