Farmtorasoi is pleased to receive recipe from another food enthusiast Rashna Nath Das.
Today we present creamy and buttery Dal Makhani from Rashna’s Rasoi. Dal Makhani is one of India’s most loved dal!
Dal Makhani from Rashna's Kitchen
- 1 Cup Urad Dal (Whole Black Lentil)
- 1 Cup Rajma (Kidney Beans)
- 1 Medium Size Tomato Make a Paste
- 2 Medium Size Onion Finely Chopped.
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 3 Green Chillies Cut into Halves
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Cream
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chillly Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Soak Rajma and Urad Dal in water overnight.
- Next day, drain the water and transfer dal and rajma to a pressure cooker.
- Add around 3 cups water and salt. Pressure cook on medium heat for 4-5 whistles
- Now, allow the pressure to release naturally. The dal and rajma should be completely cooked.
- Heat ghee and cooking oil in a pan. Add finely chopped onion. Saute till it turn light golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric powder. Stir for sometime or until the raw smell goes away.
- Now add green chilly, kashmiri lal mirch and tomato paste. Mix and fry.
- When oil starts oozing out from the sides, add garam masala powder and jeera powder. Stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add boiled dal and rajma with some water. Mix to combine.
- Cover pan with lid and boil for 2-3 mins.
- Remove lid. Add butter and mix. Now add cream and mix again.
- Simmer in medium flame. When gravy starts to thicken, remove from fire.
- Garnish Dal Makhani with cream.
Serve hot with Garlic Naan, Butter Naan, Roti and even Steamed Rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!