Here is another quick and easy fish dish with cream from the kitchen of of our guest author and patron, Rashna.
Creamy Fish Recipe
- 8 Medium Size Katla (Bhakua or Bahu) Fish Pieces Wash and Clean the pieces.
- 2 Big Size Onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Medium Size Bowl Cream
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 100 gm Mustard Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Take one big onion, cut into halve and remove each layer one by one.
- Take the other onion, chop and make a paste in a grinder. Keep aside.
- Now, marinate the fish pieces with turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the fish pieces till it start getting brownish. Keep the fish pieces in a separate bowl.
- In the same oil, add cumin seeds and saute for a while.
- Add the onion layers and fry for a minute.
- Add onion paste and fry again for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add kashmiri red chilly powder and ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Remove the lid. Add the fish pieces. Mix and stir well.
- Pour coconut milk. Stir continuously. Add salt and cover pan with a lid. Cook on low flame for another 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and add cream along with a cup of warm water.
- Let the gravy boil. When it thickens, add cumin powder. Mix well.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Remove from flame.
Serve hot with rice! Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!