FarmToRasoi presents a yummy dish of climbing fish curry with black sesame seeds. The dish is delicious and has lots of health benefits like strengthening your heart and reduction of blood pressure apart from being an excellent source of proteins.
Climbing Perch Fish Curry with Black Sesame (Kola til diya kawoi masor jhol)
- 4 medium size koi fish (Climbing Perch)
- 1 cup black sesame seeds (kala til)
- 1 large potato - cut into large pieces
- 1 large onion - finely chopped.
- 5-6 medium cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 green chilies - slit into half
- 1/2 tsp pas phoron
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- Keep the ingredients ready
- Fry the sesame seeds for sometime and then grind the seeds to a paste. Keep aside.
- Grind garlic and ginger together, and make a paste.
- Marinate the koi fishes with turmeric powder and salt
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the fishes. Remove the fishes from pan.
- In the same oil, fry the potato pieces till it gets brown. Remove potatoes from pan.
- Now, if needed, add some more oil in the pan and allow to heat
- Add pas phoron and dry chilies, and allow to splutter
- Add the chopped onions and fry till color start to change to brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry the contents.
- Now, add the sesame paste and fry for a while
- Add turmeric powder and salt, and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add hot boiling water for desired quantity of gravy.
- When gravy bubbles, add potatoes and green chilies. Allow gravy to boil.
- Add koi fishes to the curry.
- Allow to shimmer on medium flame till gravy has become thick. Turn off flame.