Indian culinary is full of varieties when it comes to non-vegetarian dishes. Today let us try a simple yet amazing dish – chicken dry fry.
Chicken Dry Fry
- 1 kg Chicken
- 10 Baby Potatoes
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Medium Size Tomato
- 2 Medium Size Onion
- 2 Green Chilies
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Meat Masala
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 200 gms Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Prepare a paste of the onions. Keep aside.Make another thick paste of tomatoes, green chilies, garlic and ginger.
- Clean and wash the chicken, and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Now, add salt and 1/2 tbsp turmeric and marinate the chicken pieces for 15 minutes.Heat 100 gm oil in a pan. Drop the chicken pieces in the hot oil and fry them one by one. Let the pieces 90% cook.In a similar way, fry the baby potatoes by adding salt and turmeric.Keep the fried chicken pieces and potatoes aside separately.
- In the same pan, add more oil. Let it heat up.Now, ad dry red chilly, cumin seeds, bay leaf, crushed cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Saute for a while.
- Add onion paste. Fry for till onion turns golden brown.
- Add paste of tomatoes, chilies, ginger and garlic. Fry again for 5-6 minutes.
- Now, add cumin powder, dhania powder, kashmiri red chilli powder and meat masala. Mix well and fry.
- When oil starts to ooze out, add the chicken and potato pieces.Add turmeric powder if needed, and salt to taste.
- Allow the chicken to cook with the chicken juices itself.Add 1/2 cup of water. Cook till water dries up.
- Remove from flame. Add 1 tbsp of butter.
- Your dish is ready.
Serve with rice or roti. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!