Sunday is a day when the entire family gathers together for a sumptuous meal. For non-vegetarians, chicken curry is a common item in the menu.
Lets try Chicken Curry from Rashna’s Kitchen…
- 1 kg Chicken Cut into medium cubes.
- 2 Large Size Potatoes Cut into big slices.
- 2 Large Size Onions Finely chopped.
- 4 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Meat Masala Powder
- 3-4 Green Chillies Cut into halves.
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 75 gm Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Clean Chicken Pieces with water.
- Now, marinate chicken with turmeric and salt, and keep for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat oil. Add bay leaves and dry chilly. Saute for a minute.
- Now, add chopped onions. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the potato pieces and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, jeera powder, black pepper, meat masala and green chillies. Mix all the ingredients.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes in low flame.
- Remove the lid and stir chicken.
- Again, cover with lid and cook for sometime.
- When chicken starts to stick to the pan, add 1-2 glass for water (depends on desired quantity of gravy).
- Let the curry cook on high flame. When gravy thickens, add garam masala powder.
- Mix and Remove from fire.
Serve hot with steamed rice, pulao, roti or naan. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!