Chicken Butter Masala – Murgh Makhani is a creamy and spicy chicken dish that goes well with Naan, Roti, Jeera Rice or even Plain Rice. This is most common non-vegetarian item ordered in a restaurant.
Chicken Butter Masala - Murgh Makhani
- 500 gm Chicken Cut into Cubes. Preferably boneless.
- 6 Medium Size Tomato
- 1 tbsp Tandoori Masala
- 2 tbsp Garlic Ginger Paste
- 15 Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 75 gm Mustard Oil
- Water as per desired consistency
- Salt to Taste
- In a large bowl, add chicken, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp tandoori masala, 1 tbsp jeera powder, 1 tbsp kasoori methi, 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and salt. Mix the ingredients well. Marinate for 1 hr.
- In the meantime, boil the tomatoes and mash them into a paste.
- Also, grind cashew nuts into a thick paste by adding little water.
- Now, heat oil in a pan.
- Add marinated chicken. Saute on medium flame until the masala dries up. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan.
- In the same oil, add the mashed tomato paste and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Mix and fry for sometime.
- When oil starts to secrete out, add the cashew nuts paste. Mix well. Fry for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp jeera powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and salt. Mix and fry on medium flame.
- Add 1 cup of mil and let it boil.
- Add the chicken pieces. Mix all the ingredients well. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Now, pour water as per desired quantity of gravy.
- When the gravy boils add 1/2 tbsp sugar.
- Allow the gravy to boil, till it thickens.
- Add 3 tbsp Cream. Stir and mix for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tbsp kasoori methi. Mix and remove from fire.
Relish Chicken Butter Masala in your meal with roti, naan or rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!