If there is a divine and exotic dish that Farmtorasoi recommends, then ‘Boiled Fish Recipe with Bamboo Shoots‘ is one of them. Although this is a star dish of the people of Nagaland, it is nonetheless more or less popular with all the Northeast people. The recipe requires very few ingredients, is easy to make, and tastes amazing!
Boiled Fish With Bamboo Shoots
- 3 Medium Size Fish (Fresh fish is recommended) We have used Kos fish. You can try with any variety of fish
- 2-3 Green Chillies Sliced in the middle
- 10-15 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 1 Medium Size Tomato
- 2 tbsp Bamboo Shoot
- 1 Bunch Man Dhania (Long Coriander)
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Gather all the ingredients
- Clean the pieces of fish.Heat a tawa. Place the fish pieces on the tawa and dry fry them on both sides until they turn little dark. This will give the fish a smoky flavor.
- Also, roast the tomato over the fire. Keep medium cooked. This will give it a smoky flavor.
- Now, using a mortar and pestle, make a thick mixture of green chilies, ginger, and garlic. You can also use a blender.Chop the onion into fine pieces.
- Now, boil 3 glasses of water in a karhai or frying pan.When the water starts to bubble, add the chilled ginger garlic paste along with chopped onion. Also, add salt to taste.Cook for 5 minutes.
- Chop the roasted tomato into small pieces. Add to boiling water.Also, add the fish pieces.Mix well.
- Over low heat, cook the ingredients for 15-20 minutes.When the water reduces by half, add the bamboo shoots.Stir carefully so that the fish does not break.Cook until sauce thickens.
- Add the coriander leaves and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with mustard oil.
- Your recipe is ready.