Black Sesame seeds, also known as kala til, is one of oldest condiments known to man. It is more flavorful and have a stronger aroma than their white counterpart.
In India chikki, til pitha, til laru, pinni, edible oil, hair oil etc. are few items derived from black sesame seeds.
Black Sesame (Kala Til) Chutney
- 1 bowl Black Sesame Seeds (Kala Til)
- 5-6 cloves Garlic
- 10-12 Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To taste
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Wash black sesame seeds
- Now soak the sesame seeds in water for atleast 2-3 hours
- Remove the seeds from water and put in a grinder
- Add garlic and chilies, and grind into a fine powder
- Add salt and mustard oil to the paste. Your sesame chutney is ready.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl
- You can refrigerate it later to keep it afresh for a few more days.