From the kitchen of Babita, let us try a simple ethnic recipe of fish curry with skunk vine.
Fish Curry With Skunk Vine
- 4 Medium Size Bhangon Mas (Bata)
- 1 Cup Bhedailata
- 1 Medium Size Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Black Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 3 Cloves Garlic Smash them
- 3 Green Chillies Sliced in the middle
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 6 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt To Taste
- Grind curry leaves, Bhedailata (Skunk Vine) with a little bit of water in a mixture and make a paste. Keep aside.
- Marinate fishes turmeric and salt. Heat Oil in pan and fry the fishes till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the pan, add more oil and allow to heat up. Add black cumin seeds and saute for a while. Then add chopped onion, smashed garlic and green chillies. Fry for a while.
- Now, add the bhedailata paste, turmeric and salt. Cover the pan and cook till the mixture bubbles. Remove cover and add the fish pieces. Mix well. Allow to cook with occasional stirring till gravy thicken. Add hot water if you need more gravy.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot with plain rice. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!