Fish curry prepared with brinjal is a traditional and an everyday Bengali fish dish. Its simple to prepare and awesome in taste. Lets try this recipe contributed by our guest author, Bandita.
Brinjal Fish Curry
- 250 gm Bata (Bhangan) Fish You can use any fish of your choice
- 2 Big Size Brinjals
- 1/2 tbsp Jeera Seeds Make a thick paste
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds Make a thick paste
- 1/2 tbsp Black Cumin (Kala Jeera) Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies Make a paste
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 25 gm Masoor Dal Bori
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Dhania Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Wash brinjal and bhangon fishes. Cut brinjal in large pieces. Now, marinate fishes and brinjal pieces with jeera paste, mustard paste, green chillies paste, turmeric, salt, 2 tbsp mustard oil and little water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the masoor dal bori for 1-2 minutes and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add kala jeera and saute for a while. Add marinated fish and brinjal, and cook on low flame. Do not stir. Let it cook on one side.
- When one side is cooked, lift the contents with a large cooking spoon and place the other side on the pan. Add the masoor dal bori. Let it cook.
- When gravy thickens, sprinke chopped dhania leaves and remove from flame.
Serve hot with plain rice.
Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!