How about Bamboo Shoot Pickle, one of the most popular pickles in the Northeast? This exotic pickle prepared in combination with Bhoot Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) smells divine with a spicy, tangy taste. Let’s try this recipe.
In case you want to know how to prepare bamboo shoots, you can go through this article: BAMBOO SHOOTS – KHORISA
Baah Gaaj Aru Bhoot Jolokia Achar
- 2 Cup Fermented Bamboo Shoot (Baah Gaaj or Khorisa) Bamboo Shoot must be well grated.
- 10-15 Bhoot Jolokia (Ghost Pepper)
- 2 Inch Ginger
- 2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 1 tbsp Pas Phoran
- 50 gm Mustard Oil
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt As Required
- Gather all the ingredients
- Bamboo shoots generally secrete water. Press with your hands to remove excess water.
- Now cut bhoot jolokia (ghost pepper) into small round pieces.Also, make small thin slices of ginger.Now, add salt and turmeric powder to bamboo shoot, ghost pepper and ginger. After that, spread them out and dry them in the sun for a day.
- Heat Mustard Oil in a pan. Add Pas Phoron. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, make a mustard seed paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar. Add the mustard seed paste.Now, pour mustard oil. Mix all the ingredients.Add 2 tbsp Vinegar.Close the jar and sunbath for 3-4 days.
- Your pickle is ready.
Use a dry spoon to serve the pickle. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!