One quick and easy pitha recipe is pani laddu popular in Assamese household. Lets try this unique recipe from Rashna’s kitchen.
Assamese Pani Laddu
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 1 Coconut
- 3/4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Wash and soak the rice for an hour. Strain and spread it out to dry. Now, grind rice and then sieve it to get fine powder.Heat a pan and fry rice powder for sometime. Let it cool.
- Meanwhile, break the coconut into two pieces and grate the coconut flesh.
- In a large bowl, take the rice powder, grated coconut, sugar and pinch of salt. Mix them well.
- Add little hot water and start kneading the mixture. Continue kneading till dough becomes pliable and soft.
- Now, make medium balls of the dough.
- Take a kerahi and half fill with water. Let the water boil.
- Now, carefully pour the rice balls in the boiling water.
- Remove the balls from water after 10 minutes.
Serve pitha hot with tea or coffee. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!