In Assamese language, ‘anguli’ means finger while ‘pitha’ is a type of rice cake. ‘Anguli Pitha’ has got its name from the fact that the pithas are shaped like fingers.
Anguli Pitha from Babita's Kitchen
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Elaichi Powder
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- Heat some water in a deep pan. Add water to the rice flour and knead into dough.
- Take little dough and roll them in your palm into finger shapes.
- Now, boil milk in a pan. When milk starts to thicken, drop the finger shaped rice dough into milk. Turn the heat to medium low.
- Cook the pitha in the milk for 10-15 minutes. Stir often.
- Add sugar and elaichi powder and cook until milk gets to desired consistency
Serve when the pithas cool down with tea. Enjoy and Bon Appétit!!