Amer Tok is a signature recipe of the Bengalis. Like rosogollas, amer tok has also spread its boundaries beyond Bengal. The dish is popular in many parts of India.
Amer Tok is a sweet and sour chutney made from raw mangoes. Its simple to prepare but awesome in taste.
- 500 gm Raw Mangoes
- 1 Dry Red Chilly
- 1/2 tbsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric (Haldhi) Powder
- 3/4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- Salt to Taste
- 2-3 Cups Water
- Peel mangoes and cut them into vertical pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with dry red chilly and mustard seeds.
- Add the mango pieces and stir for a while.
- Now add salt and turmeric powder. Mix the ingredients well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid. Add sugar and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water. The amount of water depends on how thick you want the tok to be
- Cover the pan again and cook till the tok reached desired consistency.
- Turn off the flame.